Thursday, June 11, 2009

Facebook is toying with me...

anybody here use the dreaded FB? i dare not say its name for fear that it will find me. removal of all profiles with any information pertaining to myself has been my priority over the past couple of years. for the past few months, there has been pressure to join this place called facebook. frankly, it took long enought to get my blogspot in order--not so interested in something else. the time investment is a bit much--first you have to figure it out, then you get addicted, then you get bored with it--we all know how it works. so i finally succumb to the clamoring voices waving me in and started a profile yesterday. first thing, i found at least four people i had been wondering about over the years. i found lots more that i hadn't been wondering about but old faces bring back fond memories or at least memories that we can smile about given accumulated experience. i have to say that impressed me a little. now, as is assumed by all these "networking" sites, i have to set up a profile. facebook is no myspace, let me tell you. you've got your "wall" and your "profile" and who the hell can tell one from the other?! trying to add music or make sense of notes vs. news is ridiculous. they pull you in with the connections and then hook you with the "hey, look this cool app". not mentioning that it will be hell to add it to your page--if you figure it out at all. i knew i didn't want to do this whole thing--not that i'm not happy to have found some people whom i deem quite valuable. i do. maybe i can tuck my refound friends under my arm and if i just back away slowly, facebook will leave me alone...

right. Stacy L. Davis's Profile Create Your Badge
Stacy L. Davis's Facebook Profile

No comments: